Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

INheritedpageproperties is returnuning different values

Level 6

I have a root page say en, en has property cancelInsta checkbox checked and i have page en/index on this page the value of the checkbox returning is true and i have another page en/profession/product on this page the value is returning false. 

The vinheritedpageproperties value is returning different on different pages any help on this.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, 

Please check the values in the parents. This is an example of how this feature works and how you should understand it:

For example, given: /content/parent/page/jcr:content/footer/image/@width, the HierarchyNodeInheritanceValueMap will search for a footer/image/@width property in:

• /content/parent/page/jcr:content/footer/image/@width
  • /content/parent/jcr:content/footer/image/@width
  • /content/jcr:content/footer/image/@width

Having not found it in any of those locations, it will then return null.

Note that HierarchyNodeInheritanceValueMap searches only the page hierarchy. It will not (for instance), look in:

• /content/parent/page/jcr:content/footer/@width

Please check more here: https://developer.adobe.com/experience-manager/reference-materials/6-5/javadoc/com/day/cq/commons/in... 

Hope this helps.

Esteban Bustamante

Administrator

@Keerthi0555 Did you find the suggestion helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni