Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Indonesian language in AEM

Level 2

I have what looks like an issue with the support of Indonesian language by AEM

AEM seems to expect the code "id"/"id_id" (like in wcm/core/resources/languages)

But Java provides the code "in_id" (see Java Supported Locales​, for example with currentPage.getLanguage(false))

It seems the issue has already reported there : MSM New language (Indonesian) vs Page.getLanguage() , but no answer.

I'd like to know what is the best approach to fix/workaround this issue.

8 Replies

Level 10

Please file a ticket with AEM Support to deal with this specific situation.

Level 1

Hi, Did you file a ticket for this? we have the same issue.

Level 1

Got any answer for it? im also having same issue.

Level 2

I am also curious if anyone got an answer? We are running into the same issue. We set up Indonesia in AEM as id_id and then we were having problems with our i18n file not working. We worked with Adobe support and that is when we found out the JAVA issue.

Level 2

Hi,

This observation is due to Java's Locale class where "id" is replaced with "in". As a workaround, please use dictionaries with language in_id. In case you face more related issues, please let us know.

Level 2

hi Jery,

We are also facing the same issue in our ongoing project can you please let me know if you got any update from day care or adobe to fix this issue.

Thanks

Sahil Garg

Adobe Champion

I've managed to get this working by updating 2 locations:

1) /apps/wcm/core/resources/languages/in_id

2) /apps/<projectname>/i18n/id

For (1), I did not need to add a "defaultCountry" property to the node to get it working. This step will add "Indonesian" into the languages dropdown in page properties

For (2), you will need jcr:language as in-id and if you're invoking i18n from your servlets, make sure you're passing "in-id" as parameter to your resourceBundle when instantiating I18n object.

Level 2

I am trying to add i18n  for indonesian language.

I can see id in translator.html.But  indonesion language  does not work at component level.

I added "id" in etc/languages but still doesnt work.

Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks in advance.