Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Inconsistency in fulltext search operation

Employee Advisor

Hi,

Currently I am using CQ5.5 for our application and I have customized the search component as well.

In our application this search functionality is working on digital assets and I have uploaded only pdf documents in DAM.

Where I am searching the keyword "settlement" against a document, not getting the result though the PDF document contains the word. If I search for "atm", I am getting the result.

I am  getting the same issue when, I am trying to perform fulltext search operation from the 'damadmin' fulltext search option url: http://localhost:4502/damadmin and context explorer search option as well.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Debal Das

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Do you see any errors at indexing time? It might be useful for you verify that the documents in question are getting indexed by uploading one of the problem documents a second time and watching error.log for any issues. 

Have you established that the documents in question are getting indexed? So in your example a search for settlement fails but a search for atm succeeds. Is there a document that contains both settlement and atm? If so do you see that document in the search results for atm? Also in the successful searches are you sure they are sucessful because of the full text index? Is it possible that atm might for example be in the file title, or the meta-data of the assets? 

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Jitendra,

Currently I am using Adobe CQ, Version 5.5.0.20120220 Service Pack 3.

Still,  I am getting that search issue.

Thanks,

Debal Das

Correct answer by
Level 8

Do you see any errors at indexing time? It might be useful for you verify that the documents in question are getting indexed by uploading one of the problem documents a second time and watching error.log for any issues. 

Have you established that the documents in question are getting indexed? So in your example a search for settlement fails but a search for atm succeeds. Is there a document that contains both settlement and atm? If so do you see that document in the search results for atm? Also in the successful searches are you sure they are sucessful because of the full text index? Is it possible that atm might for example be in the file title, or the meta-data of the assets? 

Employee Advisor

Hi,

I didn't do any additional indexing. One thing , I have noticed that, I am getting the result , if the keyword is available in the description of the documents.

I have created one metadata named: jcr:assetdescription xtype:text, used to store digital asset's description.

Thanks,

Debal Das

Level 8

Can you post the xpath query you are using, there may be an issue there. For example using jcr:like instead of jcr:contains can cause the behavior you are describing. 

When you say client side code do you mean browser code, or that it's confidential so you can't post it?

Employee Advisor

Hi,

It's not browser code. I can't post it because it's confidential.

Yes, I am using jcr:contains in that xpath query.

Thanks,

Debal Das

Level 8

Without the query it's going to be tough to be of much more help. With your symptoms with one of two things is happening:

1. You have a problem with the syntax of your query. Other than turning up the logging and debugging your query I can't be much help on this one. http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/dam/customizing_and_extendingcq5dam/query_builder.html#Testing and Debugging. 
  2. You have a problem with the full text extraction and indexing of you document. When you load a asset into the DAM the system uses Apache Tika to extract text for indexing. One of the possibilities to explain your issue is that there is a problem with this step in the process. Often projects will disable this step for performance reasons so you might want to validate that you are actual doing the full text extraction on the document types you are loading. The other possibility is that there are errors during this extraction process - I am not sure which version you are using but in some of the older versions it was quite common to see exceptions occurring during this process which resulted in the document not getting indexed. You would see these errors in your error.log after loading a new document. 

Level 10

Can you please post you code to we can see what you did. 

Did you write your component similar to the Search component that is documented here:

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/howto/website.html#Creating the Search Component

Employee Advisor

Hi,

I am using xpath query to perform fulltext serach operation.

Its a client side code.So, I can't post the code.

Thanks,

Debal Das

Employee Advisor

Hi,

Below, I have mentioned  xpath query for the reference -

/jcr:root/content/dam/myapp/digitalasset//element(*, dam:Asset)
[jcr:contains(., 'Atlanta')]

I am using Adobe CQ, Version 5.5.0.20120220 Service Pack 3.

Thanks ,

Debal Das