Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Including resourcetype with parameters in Sightly

Level 2

Hello Community,

i want to generate a form with the granite form components dynamically in Sightly, where the values if they exist, are already set. (<input type="text" value="foo"/> for example.)

How can I set the value or any other attribute of a resourceType (granite/ui/components/foundation/form/textfield for example) in Sightly? 

Thanks in advance

Herbert

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Ah ok, you can't pass in parameters like that.

I would see if you can you use data-sly-template? That supports fully to pass in parameters.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Do you want to modify values from your resource?

Level 2

No, i wanted to include a granite component in a custom console app(Touch UI) like this: 

<div data-sly-resource=${'textfield' @ resourceType='granite/ui/components/foundation/form/textfield'}' value="foo" class="edit2" data-sly-unwrap/>

I'm trying to set the value of the input field through a parameter(value="foo") . One of the methods I found after researching was to write the attributes into a ValueMap and adding the ValueMap into the request (request.setAttribute(Field.class.getName(), ValueMap).
I hoped that there would be "simpler" way of doing this, instead of writing into the request. 

Correct answer by
Employee

Ah ok, you can't pass in parameters like that.

I would see if you can you use data-sly-template? That supports fully to pass in parameters.

Level 2

I already tried that, but it seems there is no template.xml or something not defined for the granite-components. I found a workaround already, thanks for your support.