Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

IMS Env Admin group

Level 1

Hi community! Hope you are all fine.

Could you please help with the following case:

Goal:

I need to make a couple of IMS users Administrators on non-prod author servers.

Actions:

as advised in official docs, in IMS admin console I created a group, for example 'Non-prod admins (IMS)' and assigned 'AEM Administrators-xxx' and 'AEM Users-xxx' products for a couple of non-production environments.

Then I added users to my custom group ('Non-prod admins (IMS)').

Result:

users can access non-production environments (I believe thanks to group 'AEM Users-xxx'), BUT are not administrators there, although 'AEM Administrators-xxx' product was assigned to 'Non-prod admins (IMS)'  custom group.

Further investigation:

if I assign 'AEM Administrators-xxx' product directly to these users - they become administrators on respective environemnts. But it is not convenient to add individual products per each user.

Question:

should 'AEM Administrators-xxx' product be assigned only directly to users to make them admins on actual author servers?

or is there a way to make the 'AEM Administrators-xxx' products work via my custom group 'Non-prod admins (IMS)' as expected?

Regards,

IvanAkulenka

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies