Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Importing DAM Assets with Tags

Level 2

I am working on importing a large amount of DAM Assets from an other CMS. These assets are tagged and there is an established taxonomy. How can i import the established taxonomy in an automated manner. Do i have to create the tagging taxonomy manually or is there any i can import them in an automated manner.

Also an associated question, since the size of the assets is large around 1 TB, what would be best way to migrate such large amount of DAM Assets?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

This sounds like you should write an AEM Service to assit you. You can use the Tag Manager API.

TagManager (Adobe CQ 5.6.1 Java Documentation 5.6.1 API)

To import a large number of DAM Assets - you can also write a custom tool that reads something like an XML file and updates the DAM. See this article - it will give you an idea:

Scott's Digital Community: Automating the process of uploading multiple digital assets to the Adobe ...

This article posts files to the DAM!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

This sounds like you should write an AEM Service to assit you. You can use the Tag Manager API.

TagManager (Adobe CQ 5.6.1 Java Documentation 5.6.1 API)

To import a large number of DAM Assets - you can also write a custom tool that reads something like an XML file and updates the DAM. See this article - it will give you an idea:

Scott's Digital Community: Automating the process of uploading multiple digital assets to the Adobe ...

This article posts files to the DAM!