Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Importing custom HTML for landing pages and minisites

Level 2

Hi gurus,

I am wondering about any new best practices around importing custom HTML in AEM pages. The use case is evergreen: not everything needs to become a reusable component, there are always one-off ready designs that merely need to be served with AEM. This used to be covered with the Design Importer component as part of the Landing Pages functionality, but that is now deprecated in 6.5 and removed in AEMaaC. Adobe mention an alternative in the works, but thus far, no news.

The Embed core component seems like a viable alternative with its ability to inject custom HTML, but it slashes scripts so any interactivity in the carefully crafted campaign designs is forfeited and ways to ease this are not documented.

So how do you prefer to handle this in 2020 and with that advent of AEMaaC? Custom components only or something not too far from the boxed functionality?

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 4

if i understood you right, we dont have the functionality of design importer in AEM 6.5? i am new to this and wanted to use it in our Touch UI AEM 6.5. Can you please provide some heads up?

Level 2

In AEM 6.5 we still have it, but it's officially deprecated. Meaning frozen and no longer developed, to be removed with upcoming updates, so best not relied upon in 2020. You can still use it however, if you understand the limitations. In AEMaaC it is removed already.