Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Implementing 18n functionality for my english site

Level 4

Hi Friends,

I am working for implementing internationalization functionality for my site in English which I have completed

customer is asking us to implement all the English pages to migrate  Hindi[National language in India] language without any 3 party translation engines for language translations.

Customer will provide all the content for my author able component but for my Header and Footer and topnav component how can I translate to Hindi language.

can someone help me how to resolve this issue if I implement my project will be over.

Regards

Pr@veen

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

For all the static hard coded strings in your components scripts you should use i18n dictionary for Hindi locale - hi_IN. 

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/develop/components/i18n/i18n-dev.html

Level 4

Hi Kunal,

Do we have any helpx url for i18n implementation.

Regards

Pr@veen

Level 4

Kunal,

I went thro the above url which you have shared under ~Testing Internationalization Coverage section there is a screen shot for setting the user language in CRXDE ~~/home/users/a/admin/preferences

when I go to my crxde I can see the node up to  home/users/a attached the screen shot for your reference.

Please do suggest.

Regards

Pr@veen

Level 2

my Header and Footer and topnav component how can I translate to Hindi language.

Hi Praveen

The Header. Footer and topnav components (if you are using Foundation components or its derivatives)  pick the pages dynamically and show their "jcr:title" or "pageTitle" property as the links on navigation. Look for the Geomerixx samples English and German sites as examples, where the topnav renders the correct language in the link labels. 

But if you are using any customized components where the Labels of the links are hardcoded, you probably are missing out the i18n dictionaries as pointed out by Kunal. Use that as reference.

Also you can set the user's preferred language by following this link: https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/author/author-environment/user-properties.html