Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Implement CUG in AEM 6.3

Level 7

configure-implement-cug-aem.JPG

The aim of this tutorial is to learn how to implement CUG in AEM. Some time we come across the requirement for restricting set of pages behind the login or only for registered users on publish instance, to cater this requirement AEM provides closed user group CUG. Using CUG you can restrict specific pages or child pages of parent page on publish instance.

Once you implement CUG on any page you would need to login first to access it, if you are a registered user and part of cug then you can see respective landing page else for anonymous or non cug user you would be redirected back to login page.In this tutorial I am going to use Touch UI console as from aem 6.3 Adobe has announced that they are going to deprecate classic ui going forward. Create  Closed User Group (CUG). Configure Closed User Group ( CUG ) on pages Configure Closed User Group ( CUG ) on Dispatcher (optional if you are not using dispatcher). Test Closed User Group(CUG) on publish instance.

• Create  Closed User Group (CUG).
  • Configure Closed User Group ( CUG ) on pages
  • Configure Closed User Group ( CUG ) on Dispatcher (optional if you are not using dispatcher).
  • Test Closed User Group(CUG) on publish instance.

Read more at AEMCQ5Tutorials: Implement CUG in AEM

6 Replies

Administrator

I have seen many questions related to CUG. This blog would definitely helps community.

Nice work!!

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Hi Ankur, thanks for your post. It clarified a few things. I'm doing a 6.1 to 6.4 upgrade. After migrating the CUGs with the Console tool, I unfortunately don't see the controls to add/remove CUGs from a content page:

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 10.44.51 AM.png

In your screenshots, we clearly see the buttons in the red area...

Anyone have any ideas??

Level 10

When weird functionality occurs after upgrade - compare that with a fresh AEM instance. If you see something like CUG functionality is not working - then its an upgrade bug. There is very little the community can do to help fix that.

You may need a hotfix. Please open a support ticket to address a suspected upgrade bug.

Level 2

Thanks for your reply Scott. I did open a Daycare ticket.

But for what it's worth, this is not an in-place upgrade, it's a clean 6.4 with SP1 (installed SP2 today), and content installed over with content packages, and running the CUG Migration tool.

Level 2

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for your post.

I have a query regarding SDI implementation for CUG pages.

We have implemented Sling Dynamic Include for one of the component which displays the page content based on the page links authored in that component dialog and some of the those pages are marked with CUG.

Expected Behavior:- Once login, user should be able to see the result as per the user's CUG.

Actual Result:- Pages marked with CUG does not obtain in the json response of that component. But if I refresh the page after 5-10 sec for a couple of time the results displayed as expected.

Sling Dynamic Include functionality works fine if I remove the CUG from the pages. Component returns the results instantly if the pages without CUG are authored.

Note;- I have checked the component response is not getting cached at dispatcher and the response is served from publisher every time.

Any suggestions to resolve this issue?

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Nitesh Gupta