Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

images not listing in the drop-down

Level 3

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Injecting Images into Experience Manager Granite/Coral Select Fields

I have followed the above link in 6.3 AEM but not working any idea why the js not loading into the dialog to display the image in the drop-down.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

I just tested this article in AEM 6.3 and it is working perfectly fine.

1396163_pastedImage_1.png

Please note you have:

1. change name of taskPriority to country

2. Change sling:resourceType type to granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/select

3. Delete datasource node

4. Create items node and add properties as mentioned int he articles.

5. [Important] Create a clientlibs node under /apps/myDropDown63/components with node type as cq:ClientLibraryFolder and add categories and dependencies as mentioned in the article

Create a js.txt file under /apps/myDropDown63/components/clientlibs having text as demo.js

Create a demo.js under /apps/myDropDown63/components/clientlibs having text as JS code mentioned in the article.

smacdonald2008​ I would request you to add final package (after the intended changes, so that member/reader can immediately work on demo).

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Administrator

I just tested this article in AEM 6.3 and it is working perfectly fine.

1396163_pastedImage_1.png

Please note you have:

1. change name of taskPriority to country

2. Change sling:resourceType type to granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/select

3. Delete datasource node

4. Create items node and add properties as mentioned int he articles.

5. [Important] Create a clientlibs node under /apps/myDropDown63/components with node type as cq:ClientLibraryFolder and add categories and dependencies as mentioned in the article

Create a js.txt file under /apps/myDropDown63/components/clientlibs having text as demo.js

Create a demo.js under /apps/myDropDown63/components/clientlibs having text as JS code mentioned in the article.

smacdonald2008​ I would request you to add final package (after the intended changes, so that member/reader can immediately work on demo).

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 10

Make sure you are using granite/coral select. Otherwise it will not work.

Level 3

hi,

I have followed the below js  but i hv tested that is not working inside the below function handleCoralSelect()  the control

is not going inside the function .Please let me know how its is working in your end. Most of the JS related stuff in touch UI diaog is not working in AEM 6.3.

$document.on("dialog-ready", handleCoralSelect);

alert("hiiiiiiiiiiiii");

function handleCoralSelect(){

$.ajax(getDialogPath() + ".infinity.json").done(handler);

alert("hooooooooooooooooo");

function handler(data) {

var selectItems = {}, $widget;

fillItemsOfSelect(data, selectItems);

_.each(selectItems, function(items, selectName){

$widget = $("[name='" + selectName + "']");

if(_.isEmpty($widget)){

return;

}

addImagesInCoralSelect($widget, items);

});

}

}

Level 10

Can you try everything on a Fresh AEM Instance - i just did and it worked perfectly too.

Did you follow all steps in the article - including change the resource type to  granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/select ?

Drop.png

Level 10

I got the popup to work. See -

popup.png

If you are not getting this same response - looks like issue is with your server - as i stated above - try on a fresh AEM 6.3 instance.

Is this an upgraded Server?

Level 3

Hi,

I have changed the sling:resourceType type to granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/select and everything i a have followed as mentioned in the article and tried also in a fresh instance but still not working. if  i dont hv updated server AEM 6.3 do i need to install any service pack for AEM 6.3, please let me know

Level 3

Hi,

I have upgraded the AEM version now its working fine .