Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Image size named transformation issue

Community Advisor

Hi

I have tried uploading images say 16kb but the code uses ACS named transformation on the image and the image size is increasing say 164kb. Is there a way to retain the transformation of the uploaded image without increasing the size, keeping the dimensions as required? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ok, so it looks that currently quality value is not set explicitly - default value which is 82 should be used. Could you please try to set quality param explicitly for example to 75. You can try to manipulate this value. Please have a look into the documentation how you can use quality param https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/named-image-transform/index.htm...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Manu_Mathew_ ,

It will vary and it would be difficult to retain the size near to original or less than it.

Few years back it was the case in my legacy project as well and I resolved this using ImageMagick Java Wrapper class extending OOTB Adaptive Image servlet.

Community Advisor

Hi @Manu_Mathew_, I am not sure how your configuration of Named Transformation Image Servlet looks like, however did you consider to change quality param, and see if the results are acceptable?

Community Advisor

Hi @lukasz-m 

We have something like this in the configurations- 

Screenshot 2021-09-26 at 3.40.34 PM.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ok, so it looks that currently quality value is not set explicitly - default value which is 82 should be used. Could you please try to set quality param explicitly for example to 75. You can try to manipulate this value. Please have a look into the documentation how you can use quality param https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/named-image-transform/index.htm...