Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Image loading taking more time

Level 3

[Moderator moved from Adobe Portfolio to Adobe Experience Manager.]

Hi All,

Whenever I load my site, the project banner images(first image) on the home page takes more time to load and display, which is quite frustrating.Same scenario happens on loading some other pages too.Is it any way to make the images to load quicker with in 2 seconds.

Im using jpg Image format and size is of about 200 Kb.

Kindly provide me a solution to overcome this issue.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Not sure if you have read the linked article completely,

For a particular image, you define multiple tags. Each tag will have device width + image source url

When page load on a device, based on a device width browser will pick on correct url and load only that image

1399433_pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 2

I keep all my cover images well below 100 kb to promote a faster loading page.   With multiple projects, the combined filesize can make a big difference.

Level 2

Also see this related discussion for tips on how to reduce image file size.

DPI/PPI of my images?

Level 3

Is there any other way to get fast response

Level 2

Run your site URL through Google PageSpeed Insights.

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

Image optimization is the only thing we have direct control over.  The rest is maintained by Adobe Portfolio and thus out of our hands.

Nancy

Level 3

Hi,

Do any one having idea on writing servlet/service to pick up rendition image directly based on screen resolution.

Level 2

I think you are in the wrong forum.  Which Adobe product are you using?  I can branch and move this question the correct forum for you.

Nancy

Level 10

If you can supply the image url in source tag for renditions,
HTML + Browser will do rest of the work for you

Refer: https://webdesign.tutsplus.com/tutorials/quick-tip-how-to-use-html5-picture-for-responsive-images--c...

Level 3

Hi ,

MY page contains nearly 10 image section, for each if  I use the <picture> load time of my page will be slow.

Is there any other resolution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Not sure if you have read the linked article completely,

For a particular image, you define multiple tags. Each tag will have device width + image source url

When page load on a device, based on a device width browser will pick on correct url and load only that image

1399433_pastedImage_0.png