Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

image is not rendering in the dailog after edit in AEM

Level 1

Hi All,

I have created a image as a dialog for my component. This image will be shown on other Page but no in this page. 

When i add image to the dialog it is showing up and able to crop etc. but when i try try to edit it again the previous image does't shows up. I am suspecting that since the image is not shown on this same page this is not showing up. Is there any way to show this image on edit.

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-aem-multifield-components.html  - On browsing i found this , taken the component zip and installed in my local AEM instance. This also has 4 images but only 1 image is shown in the page. On first edit i placed all the 4 images and pressed ok. Again when i press edit the image which is displayed on the page is showing but other are empty.

My application has only one image

Thanks And Regards,

mahaboob Alisha Syed.

<image

jcr:primaryType="cq:Widget"

cropParameter="./imageCrop"

ddGroups="[media]"

fileNameParameter="./fileName"

fileReferenceParameter="./fileReference"

height="300"

mapParameter="./imageMap"

name="./file"

requestSuffix=".img.png"

rotateParameter="./imageRotate"

title="Image"

xtype="html5smartimage">

<resType

jcr:primaryType="cq:Widget"

ignoreData="{Boolean}true"

name="./image/sling:resourceType"

value="foundation/components/image"

xtype="hidden"/>

</image>

6 Replies

Administrator

I will ask Scott to have a look at this.

Scott wrote this article.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 10

The article package is working - i just tested -- as shown here: 

Install the package and then drag and drop images from the content finder onto the dialog -- 

To make this work in your projects - ensure you setup the dialog as shown in the example package. 

Level 1

smacdonald2008 wrote...

The article package is working - i just tested -- as shown here: 

Install the package and then drag and drop images from the content finder onto the dialog -- 

To make this work in your projects - ensure you setup the dialog as shown in the example package. 

Thanks For you Reply smacdonald2008 .

For first image tab its working fine. There is one more Tab call images at the last. Can you please add image there and press ok. Again press edit button and go to that tab called images there i am not able to find the previous rendered image.

Level 3

Tried executing the package. If you remove the property, requestSuffix, the images are coming fine in edit dialog.

Not sure what that property is for.

Administrator

Parvathy C wrote...

Tried executing the package. If you remove the property, requestSuffix, the images are coming fine in edit dialog.

Not sure what that property is for.

The use of this property is:

requestSuffix - The default suffix to be used when browsing for an image with this widget, usually ./image.img.png or ./img.png.

requestSuffixString.img.pngThis suffix is used to get the processed version of an image. It is simply appended to the data path.

Similar type of problem reported here as well :-

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1050077 and https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1058844

I hope this would help you.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 3

But without using it, if it is working, then?