Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Image getting compressed when shown from scene7 URL

Level 5

We are using cq 5.6.1,

We are uploading image assets in DAM -> publishing it to scene 7.

Now author will drag from S7 content finder a scene 7 image.

I am able to fetch image via scene7 URL (without any preset).

The same image when shown from DAM appears clear and of size 940 X 164 , image when fetched from scene7 appears blurred and of size 400 X 70,

Why such compression? is there any way we can fetch original size image?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

Please check this out :-

Link:- https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/scene7/kb/base/is_protocol-_-forming_is/image-serving-lin...

//

Issue

How do I provide a link to the hi-resolution version of an image? By default, it looks like the image size is 400 x 400 pixels, although it was uploaded as a larger size. Is there a way to call an image URL from S7 so it is shown in its original size?

Solution

Use scl=1 to return the full image, as long as it stays below the maximum width and height as defined in the publish settings. You can change these settings by choosing Setup > Application Setup > Publish Setup > Image Server.

Select the option labeled "Reply Image Size Limit under Request Attributes."

You can find documentation on this feature at:http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/s7/is_ir_api/index.html#scl

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Thats the default behavior of Scene7. If you do not specify any image preset or width/height parameters then it renders the image in 400X400 resolution. Please see the image renderer configuration in your Scene7 site general settings. I have attached the screenshot for your reference. 

Level 5

I would like to fetch the original image that CQ had with same resolution.

Creating an image preset for original image does not sound a good idea, since each image can have different resolution.

Can you think of some way i could force scene7 to fetch the image that was actually loaded from AEM.

Thanks in advance.

Employee Advisor

Thats not the way how scene7 works. You do not have to create scene7 preset for every image but only a finite number.

When you upload an image in AEM DAM then AEM create renditions of that image based on the pre configured sizes in the Update Asset workflow. For example if you created two renditions of an image - one with 150X150 (for thumbnail) and one with 600X600 (for detail page). If you use that image in a listing component to show thumbnail then in your component you will code the URL to get the thumbnail rendition and in the carousel component you will code to get the 600X600 rendition URL. This allows you to reuse the same image in two different contexts. However, the DAM workflow can create only static or one time renditions and does not allow you to fetch on the fly renditions like Scene7. 

Obviously you can upload two different images with two different resolutions but then you are unnecessary uploading duplicate images and not reusing them in multiple contexts leveraging the benefits of scene7. With this you are adding more work for your creative team by asking them to create unnecessary multiple versions/renditions of the same image which you then upload to DAM. 

Similarly in Scene7 for every rendering context of an image you will define a preset (ex. thumbnail, carousel, hero) and then in your code you render the image based on the context or based on user input (For example in image component a user can choose the preset). You are not creating preset for every image but rather creating a preset for various sections of your site where you are showing images. You can reuse presets across multiple components and pages where the same dimension and quality of image rendering is required.

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

Please check this out :-

Link:- https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/scene7/kb/base/is_protocol-_-forming_is/image-serving-lin...

//

Issue

How do I provide a link to the hi-resolution version of an image? By default, it looks like the image size is 400 x 400 pixels, although it was uploaded as a larger size. Is there a way to call an image URL from S7 so it is shown in its original size?

Solution

Use scl=1 to return the full image, as long as it stays below the maximum width and height as defined in the publish settings. You can change these settings by choosing Setup > Application Setup > Publish Setup > Image Server.

Select the option labeled "Reply Image Size Limit under Request Attributes."

You can find documentation on this feature at:http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/s7/is_ir_api/index.html#scl

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 5

Thank you Kautuk.

This was precisely what I was looking for.

Thank you for help.