Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

i18n not picking values from custom dictionary (i.e: /apps/<project_name>/i18n)

Level 2

Hi,

Though we created custom i18n folder under apps folder with all the strings for different locales, translated strings were not getting picked up from that dictionary. Rather i18n is first checking in libs/wcm/core/i18n folder and if it didnt find there then it is checking in custom one. 

For eg: "Submit" is the string which we are putting in new dictionary (i.e: apps/<project_name>/i18n) and we have given some value for it in german locale(i.e: de). But in page under german locale the translated string is getting picked up from libs/wcm/core/i18n than from apps folder.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks,

Pradeep

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2
Issue got solved. Basically we should define sling:basename on mix:language node which was mentioned no where in that link. Anyway thanks for the reply...

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2
Issue got solved. Basically we should define sling:basename on mix:language node which was mentioned no where in that link. Anyway thanks for the reply...

Level 8

venkatan97741212 wrote...

I'm working with engineering to get these details into the documentation. Thanks for surfacing this issue.

scott

Level 2

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply.For now we have done <cq:setContentBundle basename="some_text"/> to use the sling:basename.

But can you please let me know how can we set basename to contentBundle in sightly. Currently we are using like ${'Text' @ i18n}

Thanks,

Pradeep

Level 2

can you please let me know how basename can be added in sightly?