Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

I want to add del tag in RTE

Level 7

I have added DEL tag in RTE paragraph format as shown below

Ronnie09_0-1674855668184.png

But when I select delete whole text gets appended with the del tag as shown below instead of Just the selected text i.e. "Saturday". Now if I write some text at the end or beginning of those lines then those texts are also encapsulated within the same <del> tag

Ronnie09_1-1674855726253.png

And When I click on Delete again another DEL tag gets appended. 

Ronnie09_2-1674855800989.png

It doesn't remove the del tag.

Is there any other way to get <del></del> in RTE? Which works fine without any issues

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Ronnie09 

All paraformat tags will be applied to entire line the RTE editor, only link and unlink will be applied for selected text. You can only switch the paraformat tags (p to h1, h2 to h3 etc) by default it is paragraph but can't remove tag. Wrapping del tag multiple times seems to be bug.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Ronnie09 

Which version of AEM you are trying?

Also are you sure you are selecting only the word that you want the style to apply, but it's getting applied to the whole string?

Thanks

Level 7

Hi @Asutosh_Jena_ 

I am using AEM 6.5.

Yes I am 100% sure tag is applied to whole string even though I am selecting just one word.

I even can't remove that tag once it is applied until I delete whole string.

I tried by creating new project as well same issue is generated in that, even in wknd project. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Ronnie09 

All paraformat tags will be applied to entire line the RTE editor, only link and unlink will be applied for selected text. You can only switch the paraformat tags (p to h1, h2 to h3 etc) by default it is paragraph but can't remove tag. Wrapping del tag multiple times seems to be bug.