Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

I need to update device properties which is under the commerce node but I am not getting the properties (p) option on my local instance

Level 4

Hi, 

I need to update device properties which is under the commerce node but I am not getting the properties (p) option on my local instance, Can someone help me if I need to do something additional kindly suggest me? it is displayed correctly in the test environment but not on local.

PFA:

http://localhost:4502/libs/commerce/gui/content/products.html/etc/commerce/products/myProject/en/dev...

Screenshot 2021-11-23 at 1.16.28 PM.png

on test environment 

Screenshot 2021-11-23 at 1.17.47 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Since it's not an issue with permissions and works for we-retail too, I think you can double check the custom code or compare with test environment where it's working and see what is missing on your local. 

Few check lists like: 

1. acs commons versions

2. customisation code

3. AEM version

4. Core components versions etc..

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

@Abhishekty ,

Did you check whether the user access Modify access on your local or not? 

Also try with admin user and see how it works? so that we can know whether it's something related with permissions. 

Level 4

@Siva_Sogalapalli  Thanks for reply !!

I have the permissions and also I am login as an admin. but still I am not getting the properties (p) option.

Community Advisor

If you're using admin user, then it shouldn't be an issue with permissions. 

It looks good to me on my local with we-retail products. 

SivaPrasadReddyS_0-1637748502487.png

Did you try to access we-retail products and check whether you can see Properties option or not?

Also, in my local, the url starts with /var http://localhost:4502/libs/commerce/gui/content/products.html/var/commerce/products 

In your screenshot i see its started with /etc/  . Do you have any customisations made for this? 

can you please share the AEM version you're using on local? 

Level 4

@Siva_Sogalapalli 

I am able to access we-retail products, PFA

Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 4.17.26 PM.png

AEM version:

Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 4.18.34 PM.png

Customisations: it may be possible, but in permission I have allowed all JCR under /etc

Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 4.25.26 PM.png

Community Advisor

if you've given jcr:all under /etc then it may not an issue with permissions. it's the issue in your local only or any other environments? 

Level 4

In other environments, it is working fine as I have added an attachment of the test environment.

Any suggestions for local ??

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Since it's not an issue with permissions and works for we-retail too, I think you can double check the custom code or compare with test environment where it's working and see what is missing on your local. 

Few check lists like: 

1. acs commons versions

2. customisation code

3. AEM version

4. Core components versions etc..