Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

I'm not able to see the paste option in AEM 6.5 after copying a component

Level 4
After copying a component in AEM 6.5, I cannot see the paste option.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

@chinmayis865517 

If you are using AEM 6.5, I guess you are working in touch UI rather than classic UI.

It could be as simple the component is not allowed in the parsys.

Check the design mode and verify if the component you are trying to paste is available for that particular parsys.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 9

Hi @chinmayis865517 ,

Can you please check for the component paste option is available or not under cq:actions property in cq:EditConfig. 

please refer more about cq:actions here

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-65/content/implementing/developing/com...

Level 3

Hi @chinmayis865517 

It sounds like you're having trouble pasting a copied component in AEM 6.5. Here are a few steps you can follow:

1. After copying the component, check if the paste option is available under the cq:actions property in the cq:EditConfig.
  2. If you're using Touch UI, and if this is happening for custom components, make sure you have the necessary permissions to manipulate the content.
  3. After pasting the component to the destination page, try refreshing the page. 

Correct answer by
Level 8

@chinmayis865517 

If you are using AEM 6.5, I guess you are working in touch UI rather than classic UI.

It could be as simple the component is not allowed in the parsys.

Check the design mode and verify if the component you are trying to paste is available for that particular parsys.