Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

I can't reach the child component on form

Level 3

Hello!

I can't reach the child component on form on author 

By clicking on them 

I should click on them using Content tree

What's wrong

And how to solve this 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

It was about css on other component which was hidden the cq overlay 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

@Mohammed-Skouti 

Probably the child resource is getting overlapped with others. You have to get hold of it from the content tree (until you fix it). 

Or you can put a placeholders (such as a label) and make sure to write the logic to make it visible in the edit/author mode.

Level 3

@A_H_M_Imrul when i chang the panel layout to anything else than Responsive -everything on one page without navigation it works

But i still can't add a component from the page without using Content tree 

Community Advisor

Hi @Mohammed-Skouti 

Can you please share the screenshot of your issue, Like where you facing such type of issue. 

Thanks

Level 3

When I deleted the resource super type  for guideFragmentContainer 

It somehow works but its not showing right

So something on this core component caused this

Any idea

@partyush @A_H_M_Imrul 

Level 3

After all I still have the issue about the editor still looked

Administrator

@Mohammed-Skouti 

The issue you're experiencing with the child component on the form in Adobe AEM seems to be related to the interaction between the guideFragmentContainer component and the Responsive panel layout. When you use the Responsive panel layout, the child component becomes inaccessible by clicking on it and can only be accessed through the Content tree. This behavior is likely due to the way the Responsive layout manages components and their interactions.

Deleting the resource super type for guideFragmentContainer might have temporarily resolved the issue by altering the component's behavior within the Responsive layout. However, this is not a recommended solution as it could lead to unintended consequences and potential compatibility issues.

To address this issue effectively, consider the following approaches:

1. Utilize a different panel layout: As you mentioned, switching to a non-Responsive panel layout, such as Basic or Flow, resolves the issue with accessing the child component. This could be a suitable option if you don't require the Responsive layout for the form.

2. Investigate component configurations: Check the configurations of the guideFragmentContainer component and its child components to ensure they are properly configured for interaction within the Responsive layout. Look for any settings that might be restricting access to the child components.

3. Custom CSS adjustments: If necessary, you could explore using custom CSS to override the default behavior of the Responsive layout and allow access to the child components. This approach requires caution and a thorough understanding of CSS and AEM component rendering.

Remember, modifying core components or their super types can introduce compatibility issues and should be considered as a last resort. Prioritize using supported configurations and layouts whenever possible.

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Level 3

It was about css on other component which was hidden the cq overlay