Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

HTML Loading as Plain Text on Dispatcher, only on the first page (IIS)

Level 2

Can anyone help figure out why I'm running into an error with my Dispatcher not loading a line of HTML code, it's instead loading it as plain text. All other pages load the tags properly, but not the first page.

AEM_user25_0-1718056497002.png

When doing an "Inspect" the tags are showing up like this:

<div class="guideFieldLabel top" style="" data-richtext="true">&lt;h2&gt;&lt;b&gt; Words Words Words as&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/h2&gt;</div>|

Where they should be showing up like this just like on the Publish instance:

<div class="guideFieldLabel top" style="" data-richtext="true"><h2><b>Words Words Words</b></h2></label></div>

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @AEM_user25 did you use @ context='html' in your HTL? If not, Please try using it.
For Example:
<div class="guideFieldLabel top" style="" data-richtext="true">${modelName.richTextName @ context='html'}</div>

If this doesn't resolve the issue please check the RTE configuration in the component's dialog. Also check your model code is correct.
Since the issue is happening on the first page only, there might be some configuration mismatch. Is the first page also using the same template?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 8

not enough info

I believe you can encapsulate HTML code inside another tag so code renders as code.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @AEM_user25 did you use @ context='html' in your HTL? If not, Please try using it.
For Example:
<div class="guideFieldLabel top" style="" data-richtext="true">${modelName.richTextName @ context='html'}</div>

If this doesn't resolve the issue please check the RTE configuration in the component's dialog. Also check your model code is correct.
Since the issue is happening on the first page only, there might be some configuration mismatch. Is the first page also using the same template?

Level 2

Hi @AEM_user25 ,

Better restart the instance and check if the issue still persists.

Administrator

@AEM_user25 Did you find the suggestion helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!

Kautuk Sahni