Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to use drag and drop from AEM assets search in Page Properties 6.3

Level 2

Hi All,

We recently upgraded from AEM 6.1 to 6.3. The only aspect of Touch UI that is causing some headaches for our authors is the the managment of image fields in the page properties tab. They are used to being able to drag and drop from the asset explorer.

What is the best way to add that part of AEM to the page properties view in touch UI and enable them to drag from these assets into fields in page properties?

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 12.33.25 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Currently you can not use Drag-Drop in page properties in 6.3 (You can create a Support ticket for this request).

I would suggest you to use "pathbrowser" as a workaround for selecting an image instead of image drag and drop.

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Former Community Member

I have the same issue. I added a custom tab to the page properties, where the user should be able to choose images from the dam. But since there is no asset explorer, it is quite hard to find a nice way to do that.

I am very interested in a drag and drop solution.

Correct answer by
Administrator

Currently you can not use Drag-Drop in page properties in 6.3 (You can create a Support ticket for this request).

I would suggest you to use "pathbrowser" as a workaround for selecting an image instead of image drag and drop.

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Former Community Member

kautuksahni
I already use the pathbrowser and it works but this is a bad solution from the ux point of view. The user can not even see a preview of the image he wants to selcet.

Level 1

You'll need to drop onto compatible components.

While it does seem like the Image Component doesn't support this, a solution I've found is to use the Adaptive Image Component as opposed to the Image Component, then you should be able to drag and drop onto the empty Adaptive Image Component. 

Tested this with jpeg and png. This method works for content fragments and associated content.

Former Community Member

Hello @AEM_potato ,

the point is that the content finder is missing in the page properties. So the question is not, where to drop the image, the question is from where to drag the image.