Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

How to use different experience fragments in Live Copy Pages

Level 2

I have created live copy of a site as I wanted to reuse maximum content from main site.But I want to use different Header experience fragment for the live copy site.Can i get help in creating different experience fragment for different live copy sites?

1 Accepted Solution

Community Advisor

Hi @pshetty1 
Localisation is supported by Core XF component, please check

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/wcm-components/e... 

Arun Patidar
12 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @pshetty1 
Localisation is supported by Core XF component, please check

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/wcm-components/e... 

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Hi @arunpatidar  Thankyou I will give read this article and get back. Thankyou for the details

Level 7

@pshetty1 if question is to have a different variation for each live copy, once the live copy connection is established, break the inheritance [only for header]and update the  experience fragment with the required variation 

Community Advisor

Hi @Rite18 
You can do that, but you'll need to include the header directly on the page instead of within the template. This approach comes with its own drawbacks, so it's better to use the Core XF component for this use case.

Arun Patidar

Level 7

yes I agree in  the case of localization on the header however if the question is to have a whole different variation of the header then localization would not be effective - Is that right @arunpatidar 

Community Advisor

Hi @Rite18 
Yes, you can then utilize context-aware-config, where the XF path can be configured and used by header component.

Examples in core components : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/developing/conte... 

Arun Patidar

Level 7

sure thank you @arunpatidar , i think ask is for variation  to have different experience fragments with live copy setup 

@pshetty1  can you look into discussion and clarify if we are addressing your question or not 

Level 2

Your correct. The requirement is to show different variations of experience fragments in different copies.

Community Advisor

You can also used variation with context-aware logic.

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Hi @Rite18  I am not able to break the inheritence as the header experience fragment is defined in templates.

Administrator

@pshetty1 Did you find the suggestions helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!

Kautuk Sahni

Administrator

@pshetty1 Did you find the suggestions helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!

Kautuk Sahni