Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

How to upload JSON asset using Asset API

Level 2

Hi. I am using AEM Assent API and trying to upload a binary file using HTTP request.

Here you can find the docs: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-65/assets/extending/mac-api-assets.html#cr...

It's working for images but for every json files i am uploading, it's creating new directory with name of the file instead of uploading this file. Any suggestions? How the request should looks like?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@MatStyler Thanks for following up. I tried this out.  When we give Content-Type : "application/json" , it is creating a folder , So I tried with a generic type as Content-Type:"application" and it worked ✌

Even though it throws me error , file actually got uploaded 

Veena_Vikram_0-1596050170307.png

Veena_Vikram_1-1596050215537.png

Hope this works for you ✌

Thanks

Veena

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @MatStyler 

Recently I tried out Asset API myself and tried to put it in a video for others if it helps. Please check it how to upload asset here https://youtu.be/NL-2WqitHUE?t=835 

Hope this helps

Veena ✌

Level 2
It's ok for images but when i am uploading json this way it's creating a directory, not uploading the json file.

Employee

If I understand you correctly are you are trying to create an asset outside any folder , and  are seeing that the curl command is creating a folder instead of a node name?

Level 2
It's working with images (uploading an image) but not for jsons.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@MatStyler Thanks for following up. I tried this out.  When we give Content-Type : "application/json" , it is creating a folder , So I tried with a generic type as Content-Type:"application" and it worked ✌

Even though it throws me error , file actually got uploaded 

Veena_Vikram_0-1596050170307.png

Veena_Vikram_1-1596050215537.png

Hope this works for you ✌

Thanks

Veena

Level 2
Yeah, it's working but returning the error so it's not a good solution but a hack.

Community Advisor
I tried checking the logs why exactly it is throwing error. But didn't find anything specifically logged or may be i missed.