Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to unpublish a quick published PDF if the original PDF has been deleted?

Level 1

Hi guy!

I posted a PDF to AEM, quick published it, and deleted the test file. But I just realized that the quick publish link is still working. How can I unpublish it? Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You should check your Caching rules (browser cache rule on apache, dispatcher flush, and CDN caching) to make sure assets (like pdf) get flushed immediately or within the business agreed time.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Delete action on author Deactivate / Unpublish the asset first before deleting it. 

I believe PDF may be cached either on Browser/CDN or Dispatcher. Please try passing random query string ?q=123 to PDF link to check if it's also accessible.

Level 1

I just checked again and the link does not work any more. Can I just leave it as it? Will the file take up any cloud storage room? Do I need to take any actions?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You should check your Caching rules (browser cache rule on apache, dispatcher flush, and CDN caching) to make sure assets (like pdf) get flushed immediately or within the business agreed time.