Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to trigger AEM workflow with user input in the beginning

Adobe Champion

Can we use a dialog participant step at the beginning of the workflow to collect the details from author while launching the workflow ? https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/developing/extending-aem/extending-wor...

My requirement is to select multiple assets and get input from author on where to move these assets, once approved. Planning to use workflow to implement this.

My understanding is that the author cannot give user input via dialog at the beginning of a workflow. Because we cannot launch a workflow with dialog input. It should be added as a workflow step and user input can be given once it is launched. Is this correct? Can someone help me understand how can we achieve this requirement using workflow to get user input as well before we pass it for approval?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @P_V_Nair ,

Create the EventListner for your requirements once triggered then add your workflow to launcher it will triggered your workflow once got the input from the EventListner.

Kr,

Sanjay

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @P_V_Nair ,

Create the EventListner for your requirements once triggered then add your workflow to launcher it will triggered your workflow once got the input from the EventListner.

Kr,

Sanjay