Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to transfer all configurations between two cq instances?

Level 2

I have a CQ5 server running on the server. I've made several configurations to it by going to CRXDE. These configurations aren't related to a specific package but are instead scattered all over. Now I would like to have a CQ5 server running on my local machine with all of those configurations that I made on the server. 

Can I simply copy the entire crx-quickstart folder from the server to my local computer and then simply start CQ5 on my local computer? Or do I need to do something else?

I basically want the same exact copy of the CQ5 running on the server onto my local machine. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

You can copy the complete quick start folder but if the content is huge and if you want to move the configuration to another instance this becomes difficult. I would suggest you to create a new package with all the osgi config created and install in your instance. Also to make this more streamlined suggest you create this config under each run modes in your project structure and deploy this via maven build to have full control.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

You can copy the complete quick start folder but if the content is huge and if you want to move the configuration to another instance this becomes difficult. I would suggest you to create a new package with all the osgi config created and install in your instance. Also to make this more streamlined suggest you create this config under each run modes in your project structure and deploy this via maven build to have full control.

Level 3

you can replicate all osgi config by copying content of crx-quickstart\launchpad\config from one instance to another instance. but it may not be enough, and certainly not a recommended way to build a server.

the best way would be to find out what all aem or custom configurations were applied to the server in and replicate these to your local environment in that order.