Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

How to sync /var folder

Level 3

Hi All,

My site have two publish instance A and B. Now I found the var folder really different. It seems the B is missing a lot of folders (e.g. /var/audit, /var/linkchecker, /var/dam/share) under the /var.  The error log file is showing that can't find these path.

Does anyone know why this happened and how to fix it? Is there a way can sync the A and B to make the /var are bassiclly same between the A and B? 

Thanks,

Forrest

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ForrestLi, in general folders you are referring to, should be created automatically during AEM setup process (first run of instance when repository structure is created). In that case following reasons came into my mind related to described problem:

1. Someone removed folders manually or via code.
  2. Instance has not been created correctly.

I can see below solutions:

1. Recreate folder structure manually (respecting permissions that should be set against each folder).
  2. Create crx package on other instance (ideally fresh one), and install this package on your broken publish instance.
  3. Try to replicate missing folders from author (however in that case you should remember to disable replication agent for the other publish, please also keep in mind that you can replicate author/instance specific data - so you should be very careful)
  4. Recreate publish instance from scratch, or maybe you have some kind of copy you could use.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ForrestLi, in general folders you are referring to, should be created automatically during AEM setup process (first run of instance when repository structure is created). In that case following reasons came into my mind related to described problem:

1. Someone removed folders manually or via code.
  2. Instance has not been created correctly.

I can see below solutions:

1. Recreate folder structure manually (respecting permissions that should be set against each folder).
  2. Create crx package on other instance (ideally fresh one), and install this package on your broken publish instance.
  3. Try to replicate missing folders from author (however in that case you should remember to disable replication agent for the other publish, please also keep in mind that you can replicate author/instance specific data - so you should be very careful)
  4. Recreate publish instance from scratch, or maybe you have some kind of copy you could use.