Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to sync content from AEM Cloud Service to AMS instances

Level 1

We are migrating Site A to AEM as Cloud Service and have Site B which references articles from Site A via a component that points to the article directory of Site A.

Since Site B would remain in the AMS setup while Site A migrates to AEMaaCS, we are anticipating there could be a content mismatch for articles on Site B. We would like to perform content sync of articles from Site A from AEMaaCS to AMS.

Based on the analysis so far, we are observing that manually porting over content using content packages from AEMaaCS to AMS seems to be the only option so far. Is there any other possible solution to handle this content sync issue?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks in advance for your response!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I am not aware of an ootb feature of AEM (be it AEM 6.5 or CS) which would allow that. I believe that content packages should be considered the worst option (although it's possible to automate that).

If I understand you correctly, the only relation between A and B is this reference. What if Site A exposes an endpoint, which exposes an ID plus a link, which site B can consume periodically and use to properly implement these links? 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I am not aware of an ootb feature of AEM (be it AEM 6.5 or CS) which would allow that. I believe that content packages should be considered the worst option (although it's possible to automate that).

If I understand you correctly, the only relation between A and B is this reference. What if Site A exposes an endpoint, which exposes an ID plus a link, which site B can consume periodically and use to properly implement these links? 

Level 1

Thank you so much, Jorg! While the API approach seems to be the best possible one, in our situation this might be a temporary solution since Site B would eventually move into the AEM Cloud. But I'll surely keep this option as a potential solution for any similar problem.