Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

How to store secret keys in AEM cloud and use them in Cloud configurations as $[env:SITE_KEY]

Level 2

How to use secret keys/variables in Cloud configurations like Captcha.
Tried saving the property as $[env:SITE_KEY], but it didn't work. PFA screenshot.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

No, you cannot do that. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

@Rohan0794 You can store these as configuration entries in the cloud manager and then use the same in the OSGI configs. More details here - 

https://medium.com/@toimrank/aem-as-a-cloud-service-osgi-configuration-secret-and-environment-variab...

Community Advisor

Hello @Rohan0794 

1. We need to store the variable as a Secret in Cloud Manager for that specific environment.

aanchalsikka_0-1700793506299.png

2. We need to specifiy that its a secret, in OSGi config.

• ${secret.VARIABLE_NAME}

3. Make sure that the OSGi configuration is picked up in the environment. Verify the active configuration via Developer console in CM.

Aanchal Sikka

Level 2

I am aware that we can store in Cloud manager and retrieve in OSGI using the above syntax but can we access the environment variable or secret in JCR properties directly using $[env:<variable_name>]?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

No, you cannot do that. 

Level 2

Can we get OSGI values in JCR properties with some syntax?

Employee Advisor

you cannot read OSGI properties via the JCR API. Also I am not aware that you can access OSGI properties directly in HTL.

You always have to go via an OSGI service, which can OSGI properties as service properties.