Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to store raw content using property and value pair in content fragment?

Level 6

Adobe provides the content fragment to store raw content. 

If I have to store an author information, which has first name, last name, display name, title, Biography, and would like to provide a flat authoring experience, see an image below, how to achieve this using content fragment?

1234218_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

you are asking about content fragments, it is something re-using of content while authoring. it is not something to achieve by code.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Working with Adobe Experience Manager Content Fragments

and as scott stated, you should use the HTL and Java to access the JCR. you can work on dialog for better authoring experience.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an Adobe Experience Manager HTML Template Language componen...

~ Prince

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

This image looks more like an AEM component - such as a HTL component that can read and write data form the JCR.

Level 6

since the component can't be dragged and dropped into the content fragment, only experience fragment. Do you mean I can use experience fragment for this case in order to store the raw data in the fragment?

Level 10

I mean that if you want something like this in your site and you want to pull JCR data to populate the fields - the path you should take is to develop a HTL component.

The reason why i say this is because you can use Java in the back end to have app logic to read and write JCR data used to populate the view. THink of the front end as a view and the backend as a model and controller. 

Using Fragments, you do not have access to application logic like you do when writing a HTL component and WCMUsePojo.  If it was me writing this - i would write an HTL component as opposed to using Content Fragments.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

you are asking about content fragments, it is something re-using of content while authoring. it is not something to achieve by code.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Working with Adobe Experience Manager Content Fragments

and as scott stated, you should use the HTL and Java to access the JCR. you can work on dialog for better authoring experience.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an Adobe Experience Manager HTML Template Language componen...

~ Prince

Level 6

Thanks all.

Try to come out a case to use the content fragment?

Thinking about an article, which has the article headline, body copy (summary can use variation to achieve), date,  authors. The content can be shared, then how to enter other data since these data are also reusable content.