Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to specify lucene renidex frequency

Level 3

I could not find a property to set lucene reindex frequency, however I could find reindex frequency for suggestion index.

Does any one know the property?

I could not find even in cheatsheet or in lucene documentation.

Thanks

venkat

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

adobecq-venkat wrote...

If the content changes, then how does the reindex works?

Every minute or 10ms triggers seperate thread trigeers and take care of updating content changes in index. 

I dont want to run the reindex often. probably I wanted to run every day or once in 2 days. how do I do that?

The question in this thread is for suggestion index & make use of suggestUpdateFrequencyMinutes https://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/query/lucene.html

Once the above configuration has been done, by default, the Lucene suggester is updated every 10 minutes but that can be changed by setting the property suggestUpdateFrequencyMinutes in suggestion node under the index definition node to a different value. Note that up till Oak 1.3.14/1.2.14, suggestUpdateFrequencyMinutes was to be setup at index definition node itself. That is is still supported for backward compatibility, but having a separate suggestion node is preferred.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi Venkat,

There is no such property to define re-index frequency. Why do you want to reindex a particular lucene index in any kind of frequency. 

Reindexing can cause you major downtime since if the index is getting reindexed then the query related to that index would keep traversing through repository.

Thanks.

Level 3

Thanks for your reply.

I dont want to run the reindex often. probably I wanted to run every day or once in 2 days. how do I do that?

Correct answer by
Level 9

adobecq-venkat wrote...

Every minute or 10ms triggers seperate thread trigeers and take care of updating content changes in index. 

The question in this thread is for suggestion index & make use of suggestUpdateFrequencyMinutes https://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/query/lucene.html

Once the above configuration has been done, by default, the Lucene suggester is updated every 10 minutes but that can be changed by setting the property suggestUpdateFrequencyMinutes in suggestion node under the index definition node to a different value. Note that up till Oak 1.3.14/1.2.14, suggestUpdateFrequencyMinutes was to be setup at index definition node itself. That is is still supported for backward compatibility, but having a separate suggestion node is preferred.