Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to Setup the AEM Dispatcher Flush Agent? | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

How to Setup the AEM Dispatcher Flush Agent? by Sourced Code

Abstract

Before setting up the dispatcher flush agent on your AEM publish instance, we must make available the /dispatcher/invalidate.cache URI. Where is exactly the /dispatcher/invalidate.cache endpoint coming from? In this article we will answer how is the /dispatcher/invalidate.cache generated, how do we securely allow only specific IP addresses to make a flush cache request, and how to configure a basic dispatcher flush agent on the publish agent.

This article is written while I had my development environment running, where the AEM publish server and dispatcher apache server are on the same system, similar setup to here. However, the understanding here will be valid for external servers setup.

How to Setup the AEM Dispatcher Flush Agent?

Before setting up the dispatcher flush agent on your AEM publish instance, we must make available the /dispatcher/invalidate.cache URI. Where is exactly the /dispatcher/invalidate.cache endpoint coming from? In this article we will answer how is the /dispatcher/invalidate.cache generated, how do we securely allow only specific IP addresses to make a flush cache request, and how to configure a basic dispatcher flush agent on the publish agent.

This article is written while I had my development environment running, where the AEM publish server and dispatcher apache server are on the same system, similar setup to here. However, the understanding here will be valid for external servers setup.

1. How is the /dispatcher/invalidate.cache generated?
There’s no magic behind the /dispatcher/invalidate.cache endpoint. This endpoint is actually created by the AEM Dispatcher Module. When the Dispatcher Module is enabled on your web server’s VirtualHost the endpoint will be available. However, not anyone can be calling this endpoint where in the next section we will go through how to set up permissions for the this.

Example

ServerName weretail.com
ServerAlias www.weretail.com
DocumentRoot "${docRootPath}/aem_sites"
<Directory "${docRootPath}/aem_sites">
Options -Indexes +FollowSymLinks -MultiViews
AllowOverride None
Require all granted
# enabling the AEM Dispatcher Module

SetHandler dispatcher-handler
ModMimeUsePathInfo On

Read Full Blog

How to Setup the AEM Dispatcher Flush Agent?

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies