Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

how to setup a new user group with the following requirements? (see details inside)

Level 8

I want to create a new group that has the following access

1. The group should have full access (except delete) to /content/mysite and anything under it (example: full access except delete to /content/mysite/site-header/header)
  2. The group should have read-only access to this exact path => /content/mysite/en
  3. The group should have full access (except delete) to any child pages/folder inside /content/mysite/en (example: full access except delete to /content/mysite/en/about)
  4. The group should should be able to create pages under /content/mysite/en

I tried the thing below and it works except for no.4. Any thoughts how it can be done?

(done using /useradmin)
- path: /content/mysite
type: allow
permissions: read,modify,create,acl_read,acl_edit,replicate

--------

(done inside CRX/DE)
- path: /content/mysite/en
type: deny
privileges: jcr:all
repGlob: ""
type: deny
privileges: jcr:all
repGlob: /jcr:*
privileges: jcr:read
repGlob: ""
privileges: jcr:read
repGlob: /jcr:*

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jayv25585659 

In the 2nd point, you gave read only access to the group for "/content/mysite/en" and in 4th point you are trying to create pages under the same path which is contradictory. 

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jayv25585659 

In the 2nd point, you gave read only access to the group for "/content/mysite/en" and in 4th point you are trying to create pages under the same path which is contradictory. 

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

Community Advisor

Hi @jayv25585659 

As @Kiran_Vedantam pointed, there is a conflict so that step 4 will not work.

In case if you want to restrict access at /en level for few members, then you can have different group where you can restrict access at /en and add respective members to the group. 

Thanks