Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to set up two AEM local development environments

Level 2

Does anyone here have multiple AEM development instances set up locally that can be started simultaneously? I'm looking for the best approach and thought about simply using two different ports (4502 and 4512) and firing the quickstart.bat file for each to boot them up. How are others maintaining two totally separate AEM instances in their local environments?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

hi @kayest ,

You can run n-number of instance on different 4-digit port. This is the only approach which people are taking.

You can also deploy multiple projects on single instance as well instead of different instances.

Thanks,

Nikita Garg

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @kayest

I'm using multiple local instances and following the same approach of using different ports in start.bat file

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

hi @kayest ,

You can run n-number of instance on different 4-digit port. This is the only approach which people are taking.

You can also deploy multiple projects on single instance as well instead of different instances.

Thanks,

Nikita Garg

Community Advisor

We can install N number of instances on local following the same approach of using different ports in start.bat/sh file.