Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to set default value for tag picker

Level 2

I want to set a default value for my cq:tag which is using a tagpicker (cq/gui/components/common/tagspicker). Is there anyone know how to configure it? I am using AEM 6.3 touch UI.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I made it by adding listeners.js in clientlins folder to the component. The following is example:

$document.on("dialog-ready", function() {

// add logic here

});

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

I am not aware of how to set a default - when you click on this field - it opens the JCR dialog where an author selects tags,

TagsDialog2.png

A community article that uses tag picker -- Adobe Experience Manager Help | Developing HTML Template Language Components that search for Adobe E...

Administrator

I would recommend you to have a look at this documentation: Overview of the Tagging API

The implementation of the tagging framework  in AEM allows management of tags and tag content using the JCR API . The TagManager ensures that tags entered as values on the cq:tags string array property are not duplicated, it removes TagIDs pointing to non-existing tags and updates TagIDs for moved or merged tags. TagManager uses a JCR observation listener that reverts any incorrect changes. The main classes are in the com.day.cq.tagging package:

• JcrTagManagerFactory - returns a JCR-based implementation of a TagManager. It is the reference implementation of the Tagging API.
  • TagManager -  allows for resolving and creating tags by paths and names.
  • Tag - defines the tag object

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Thanks for your response. I want to set a default value on my "cq:tags" field of my component via dialog configurations. Is it possible? I am trying to set a "value" or "defaultValue". Unfortunately, both of them don't work.

Level 2

Thanks for your response and sharing. Really appreciate!!

Level 8

Set the default value  and

Add a listeners node to your xtype tags and add the loadcontent function to your listener

Working example : function(field){var x=[field.defaultValue];field.setValue(x);}

Further u can tweak the loadcontent function to retrieve the new selected values

1343779_pastedImage_0.png

1343786_pastedImage_1.png

Level 10

Keep in mind xtype is for Classic UI.

Level 3

A small tweak to the Listener, just to avoid showing the defaultValue even after modifying the Tag Field values.

'tagname' is name of the tag.

function(field, record)

{

if(record.get('tagname') == undefined)

{

var x=[field.defaultValue];

field.setValue(x);

}

}

Correct answer by
Level 2

I made it by adding listeners.js in clientlins folder to the component. The following is example:

$document.on("dialog-ready", function() {

// add logic here

});