Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

how to select the inner components from the outer component

Level 1

In the AEM, I create one page by using the template Adobe Campaign Email (ACS), in the created page, I drag and drop some Text Field (Campaign) component into the left column, when I try to click into the component (to configure additional properties), it just can't work, what I get is the outer component "New Paragraph (Campaign) " is highlighted and there is only '+' button available. my question is how I can select the inner component and configure it?

Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 4.59.05 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

I am not able to reproduce this as well.

lucasli can you try this in the fresh instance. Also check if there is some error coming up when you are facing this problem (console and error.log). Also, please screen-cast this so that we can reproduce your exact steps.

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Like a component in a grid system (the grid is the outer component and the inner component may be an image or text component)- you should be able to click on the inner component to access it.

Level 10

For example - notice the grid here is the outer component and i am accessing the inner image component by clicking on it.

InnerComponent.png

Level 1

I know it should works like this, but for the page from the template "Adobe Campaign Email (ACS)", it just can't work. (both tried with Chrome and Firefox browsers)

Could you have a try? my steps:

1. Log in AEM6.3, and navigate to Sites > Campaigns > We.Retail > Email Campaigns
  2. Select Email Campaigns item and click Create to pop up menu
  3. Select Page, and select template "Adobe Campaign Email (ACS)"
  4. In the created page, click the Left Column section and add any component.
  5. In the first time, you are able to config this components.
  6. Refresh the page, and try to select this inner component again
  7. You will find that you are not able to select it any more.

Let me know if you want me to reproduce this issue, we have set up a call..

Level 10

I am trying a few tests - this works

APage.png

Another one:

Page2.png

I am not able to reproduce this - even after multiple page reloads.

Try on a fresh AEM instance and let us know if this occurs. That will tell us if issue is with AEM or your specific instance.

Level 10

I also asked Kautuk to see if he can reproduce this issue.

Correct answer by
Administrator

I am not able to reproduce this as well.

lucasli can you try this in the fresh instance. Also check if there is some error coming up when you are facing this problem (console and error.log). Also, please screen-cast this so that we can reproduce your exact steps.

Kautuk Sahni