Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to see where a page/component is inheriting from?

Level 2

If I have a page or component that is inheriting its settings from another page or component, how do I see which node it's inheriting from? A graph-like holistic view of all page inheritance would also be useful. Does a tool like that exist?

I'm in AEM 6.4.2.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello,

The parent livecopy should have a cq:LiveSyncConfig node, for example /content/we-retail/ca/en/jcr:content/cq:LiveSyncConfig. You can check the path of blueprint or source from the "cq:master" property.

Regards,

Vishu

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

I don't believe there is a tool but you can check the following properties from crxde to check for inheritance.

sling:resourceSuperType: It is used to achieve inheritance in cq. When set, it inherits the specified component to this component.

sling:resourceType: It is a path, which locates the script to be used for rendering the content. Path used can be absolute or relative.

Community Advisor

For a specific page, please go to /content and your page path.

1. click on jcr:content and find the sling:resourceType. check the path which is given in this property.

2. under the page component you will find the property "sling:resourceSuperType" which will tell you from where the page is inheriting from.

* if you don't have custom page component which is having all scripts, then probably it will inheriting from:

for Sightly: /libs/wcm/foundation/components/page

for JSP: /libs/foundation/components/page

for core components: /apps/core/wcm/components/page/v1/page

Level 2

Hi,

I was actually referring to rollout inheritance, not the actual node type inheritance. So if I rollout a page from one path to a different path on the site, the entire page is copied under a different path in the JCR. If I'm looking at the rolled out page's nodes in CRX, are there any properties that tell me which page it's inheriting its content from?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello,

The parent livecopy should have a cq:LiveSyncConfig node, for example /content/we-retail/ca/en/jcr:content/cq:LiveSyncConfig. You can check the path of blueprint or source from the "cq:master" property.

Regards,

Vishu