Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to search for forum social component topic/post attachments

Level 4

We are actively working on migrating from Adobe Communities.

We have found that the URLs generated for attachments on the pages are not supplied by the value map associated with forum post.

I know this is going to be a special search of the cloud data.

I am asking if anyone has built a search for locating an attachment for a forum post or any social component post that has an optional attachment.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You should be able to see the complete json with pointers to attachment also , below is the sample URL you can build for an forum post. Last part of URL (/) is the unique path for the forum post generated. 

You can see the complete JSON in the forum page itself if you do "view source" of the page.

https://www.sampledomain.com/content/usergenerated/asi/cloud/content/weretail/en/community/mens/foru... 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Tom_Fought 

Have you tried using SRP browser to see what is in SRP for a given Forum Post with attachment path ? Are you using ASRP or MSRP for storing User Generated Contents? 

Level 4

We have dumped out the ValueMap for a Forum Post and there are no elements that indicate there are attachments or what those attachments would be.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You should be able to see the complete json with pointers to attachment also , below is the sample URL you can build for an forum post. Last part of URL (/) is the unique path for the forum post generated. 

You can see the complete JSON in the forum page itself if you do "view source" of the page.

https://www.sampledomain.com/content/usergenerated/asi/cloud/content/weretail/en/community/mens/foru... 

Level 4

Thank you so much for this solution. Testing proves we get the data we were looking for.