Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to save the data automatically with out clicking on the done button in cqDialog

Level 1

Hi Team,

I want to save the data (authored by content authors) on the dialog automatically with out clicking on the submit button.

Thanks,

Pradeep Kumar.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This is gonna happened once in 100000. There is always a monitoring from Adobe and Production always has maintenance mode.

You are trying over engineering here. OR If your dialogs are that big then problem is the design.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Not sure why you need this but you can as :

1. create a js with extra clientlibs for the dialog;

2. read all the authored properties in the js;

3. create one servlet, which will save the dialogs data in jcr;

4. now make ajax call to the servlet with all the authored value;

one sample example you can see in image core component, which is making call to read asset infromation from the DAM.

Hope this helps

Umesh Thakur

Level 1

Thanks for your help. Whenever there is an outage from Adobe, I have lost all my data which I added in the dialog prior to that of outage. Inorder to prevent this, I need to save all the data in the dialog in the jcr without clicking on the submit button. This will help me, eventhough there is an outage from Adobe, when I reopen the dialog again, I can see my data.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This is gonna happened once in 100000. There is always a monitoring from Adobe and Production always has maintenance mode.

You are trying over engineering here. OR If your dialogs are that big then problem is the design.

Arun Patidar