Expand my Community achievements bar.

how to run a function several times after loading the page (alongwith search facets filter) when filter searching for content in aem

Level 2

I want to remove spans of granite-omnisearch-facet-labelcount / granite-omnisearch-facet-count from search facets having count "0" after resulting content is displayed but the problem is when i run my function after foundation-contentloaded event i am unable to get these spans because page is not loaded properly. Most probably spans of counts are merging with coral-checkboxes after page load event so that is why they are not extracting properly please guide i am new to AEM.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I did not undertsand your objective clearly here, but I think you want to run your JS/Jquery code after the pages loads completely .

If that you are looking for then you can use below code

you can have $(document).ready() multiple times in a page. The code gets run in the sequence in which it appears.

You can use the $(window).load() event for your code since this happens after the page is fully loaded and all the code in the various $(document).ready() handlers have finished running.

$(window).load(function(){
  //your code here
});

And if you want to delay more

use setTimeout jquery function write your code , Though I personally believe , put this as a last option

Or if you looking for something please xplain more in your query

Level 2

Well window.load is a good option but what if user selects or deselects any search facet checkbox ??? because i think window.load only run my script when the page is fully loaded manually or by any means like submitting or entering anything but i want my script to run every time the user selects or selects any search facet checkbox.. is it possible ??? if yes then please guide how can I do it and if not then please guide any alternative for this...

Level 2

Well window.load is a good option but what if user selects or deselects any search facet checkbox ??? because i think window.load only run my script when the page is fully loaded manually or by any means like submitting or entering anything but i want my script to run every time the user selects or selects any search facet checkbox.. is it possible ??? if yes then please guide how can I do it and if not then please guide any alternative for this...