Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

How to Reuse Touch UI RTE in components

Level 10

Hi,

I have achieved for RTE in Touch UI in Text Component by placing cq:editConfig-cq:inplaceEditing under the text component like  .text/cq:editConfig/cq:inplaceEditing/config/rtePlugins -----------This is how we achieve for touch UI.

For classic, I have created the rteplugins and I can re-use like cq:include and path: /apps/paragraphtest/components/content/text/richtext_config.infinity.json

For Touch, I can include as sling:resourceType: granite/ui/components/foundation/include and path: /apps/paragraphtest/components/content/text/cq:editConfig/cq:inplaceEditing/config/rtePlugins.

Now the problem is, I have included these RTE both for classic and touch UI in widgets folder(richtext_config and cq:editConfig) and tried to reuse it, but Its working for classic UI, but not working for touch UI.

For classic, I have given path as: /apps/paragraphtest/components/widgets/rteconfig/richtext_config.infinity.json
For Touch, I have given path as /apps/paragraphtest/components/widgets/rteconfig/cq:editConfig/cq:inplaceEditing/config/rtePlugins

Please let me know, what may be the issue.

Thanks,
Ratna Kumar.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ratna,

As long as you are using the right properties in classic and Touch, it should work

As you have mentioned, please confirm if you using

for classic ui - cq:include and

for touch ui - sling:resourceType and path

If your properties are set right, please check if you are seeing any JS error

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ratna,

As long as you are using the right properties in classic and Touch, it should work

As you have mentioned, please confirm if you using

for classic ui - cq:include and

for touch ui - sling:resourceType and path

If your properties are set right, please check if you are seeing any JS error