Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

how to restart AEM trial version

Level 1

I installed AEM trial version. I followed the instruction below.

1. Double-click on the .jar file to launch it. A browser page will launch to complete the registration process.
  2. Click the checkbox to accept the End User License Agreement
  3. Enter your name in the "Customer Name" field
  4. Copy and paste the above license key into the "License Key" field
  5. Press the Register button

I succeeded to install and started to use it.

But, I have to double click .jar file everytime I want to re-start AEM.

I copied and added the site URL to my favorite site, but nothing happened if I just click the URL link.

(Unless I double click .jar file again, AEM do not start working.)

Plus, after a while, I have to put License Key again.

Are these normal steps when you use AEM?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Yes

If you are using same jar at same location , I dont think so you need to enter license again

I am assuming you are having license file at same location as of you aem jar file

If you are running AEM on local machine ( laptop /desktop). when ever you open any AEM site of your instance you need to make sure AEM is running.

Its same as any desktop app. If you want to use it, make sure its running

However, as an alternate you can run AEM as a window service so it will always run in background, check this docs: https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/deploy/custom-standalone-install.html#Installing%20and%20Star...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Yes

If you are using same jar at same location , I dont think so you need to enter license again

I am assuming you are having license file at same location as of you aem jar file

If you are running AEM on local machine ( laptop /desktop). when ever you open any AEM site of your instance you need to make sure AEM is running.

Its same as any desktop app. If you want to use it, make sure its running

However, as an alternate you can run AEM as a window service so it will always run in background, check this docs: https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/deploy/custom-standalone-install.html#Installing%20and%20Star...

Level 1

Thank you very much! I understood well.