Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

How to reset password for system-user in AEM 6.5?

Level 2

User path - /home/users/system/XXXX

nitishchawla_0-1699016263036.png

When I'm trying to authenticate it using below, it is saying invalid login.

http://localhost:4502/j_security_check?j_username=abc-wf-caas&j_password=abc12345&j_validate=true
Response - invalid_login

Logs:

03.11.2023 03:32:09.075 *INFO* [qtp803765525-2831] org.apache.sling.auth.core.impl.SlingAuthenticator handleLoginFailure: Unable to authenticate abc-wf-caas: UserId/Password mismatch.

I've checked that this user exists, but I am not sure of the password.

Please confirm if this can be reset or can be extracted through admin rights?

Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I think it cannot be validated by j_security_check , therefore it is throwing the error.

J_security_check is for validating general users and not system users.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Hi @nitishchawla 

In AEM there is no password for system users and they are created to use in code to do various operations as per bundle permissions.

Please refer https://medium.com/@manumathew28.94/aem-system-users-1b9ab48df19e#:~:text=Well%2C%20a%20system%20use....

Thanks

Level 2

Yes, I also had the same understanding, but there is a legacy code in our application which is validating it with the password. As checked in Security -> Users, Its a System user account, but then the code is also validating this user with a password through j_security_check

Was confused, so raised a question to understand the further options.

Correct answer by
Level 4

I think it cannot be validated by j_security_check , therefore it is throwing the error.

J_security_check is for validating general users and not system users.