Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

how to replicate to kafka using jks .

Level 4

I am working on replicating data to Kafka using ssl trust store . I would like to know as to what would be the best way to accomplish this .

1 Accepted Solution

Employee Advisor

For that case you need to store the certificate somewhere;  I would recommend to store it at runtime in the repository and not to deploy it via OSGI. But that's probably the simplest part in replicating data to Kafka

9 Replies

Employee Advisor

What do you mean with "replicating data to Kafka", do you want to use the AEM replicating mechanism or just run code in AEM which is able to submit data to Kafka?

Community Advisor

@AEMnewbie ,

IfKafka accepts JSON, then you can try to use sling models as API endpoint  and post the data to store it in the required format.

Otherwise activeMQ is onemore thought.

Employee Advisor

Do you need to use a client-side certificate for authorization? Or is a simple user/password mechanism, which you need to transmit over an encrypted connection?

Employee Advisor

For that case you need to store the certificate somewhere;  I would recommend to store it at runtime in the repository and not to deploy it via OSGI. But that's probably the simplest part in replicating data to Kafka

Level 4

@Jörg_Hoh Is there a code snippet for this kind of implementation that i can take a look at?

Employee Advisor

Simplest approach: Store the certificate as asset and protect it using ACLs.