Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Pages published from another market

Level 3

Hi,

I'm working on a multi site project (i.e., mysite), which has sites launched in different countries and languages. Let's say we have an existing site in country A and want to create a new one for country B. The country B content team copied content nodes from content/mysite/A/en/ and added them to content/mysite/B/en/  -The site B content structure.

The problem: When site B author clicks publish on one of the site B  pages, it is causing publish on the original site A pages.

Any idea on what could be causing this? Is there an AEM feature that needs to be turned off or it could be custom workflow or any other reasons?

Thanks in advance!

9 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @prachiz,
For creating a new site, you should not use copy paste. The reason being, copy paste would carry all the references as well in the new path with old site links. This is the reason, when you are activating new path, links in old is also getting activated. The best way to do is to create a live copy, and then break the inheritance, so that content authors will modify their content in new website and the reference will be updated as per the new website. You can review here how to create live copies: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-screens/user-guide/authoring/product-feat...

Level 3

Thanks @Anish-Sinha for the reply. If I cannot update the pages now (because it's not created by me), Is there any way I can break the inheritance?

Employee Advisor

With copy paste, you cannot update the reference using any ootb feature. You will have to write a custom script/service in order to search and update the links in the new structure.

Level 3

Thanks @Anish-Sinha ! When I check references of site B pages, it doesn't show any links to site A pages. Any idea from where I can find this?

Employee Advisor

Ideally if there is no reference of old site in new site, publish shouldn't impact. Can you share the scenario again, is the same page in old site is also getting published ?

Employee Advisor

I have never faced this issue with copy and paste. I tried now on a fresh instance and unable to replicate as well. Check your logs for more details. Also, try to install an instance on your local and try to replicate the issue. 

Community Advisor

Ideally, we should not copy/paste, but move it through sites console, so the references gets migrated as well.

But, if it is already done as you said, I would do the following:

- Look for a pattern which is similar in both A & B. (Ex: /content/prject-name/A/ & /content/new-project/B )

- If you can find a pattern like that in A & B, you can write a custom groovy script.

- Write a query to get all the B nodes.

- Change all the A references to B (through the patter we just found out).

- Save the session. 

If you don't find a single pattern, then you may need to break down into smaller patterns and then do the same thing.

This should move the references as well.

If you need to keep some references AS-IS, then you can exclude them when writing query for it.