Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

How to push a node from author to publish in real time on Adobe Cloud ?

Level 3

I am working on AEM project to be deployed on Adobe cloud. I have a requirement that whenever a store data node of nt:unstructured type say "store1" on the path /content/data/stores/store1 is created in JCR on author, it should be pushed on publish instance as well automatically. I guess we can use sling content distribution (forward distribution) to achieve this ? Do I need to write any code to sync these changes from author to publish in real time ?
For example this is how I am saving a node on author using a servlet

Node rootNode = session.getNode("/content/data/stores");
storeNode = rootNode.addNode(storeId, "nt:unstructured");
// Set created date
Calendar created = Calendar.getInstance();
storeNode.setProperty("jcr:created", created);

Now I want to this new store node to be available on publish instance too in real time. Kindly guide regarding this.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Level 3

@arunpatidar So I need to do following two steps ? 

1. Listener to listen changes (Will it work on adobe cloud)
  2. Use Replication API (I need to use replication API code in my servlet to push node changes from author to publish ) ?

Community Advisor

Hi @touseefk2181136 
If you are creating those nodes using servlet then you don't need Listener then you can use Replication API to replicate node.

Arun Patidar

Employee

@touseefk2181136 

Since you are creating the node programatically on author, you can even publish it from author to publisher in code itself using replication api

replicator.replicate(session, ReplicationActionType.ACTIVATE, "your_path");

Community Advisor

@touseefk2181136  You need to add the below after setting the node properties.

replicator.replicate(session, ReplicationActionType.ACTIVATE, "/content/data/stores");

Ofcourse, make sure that you add the Replicator service in your service by using : 

@Reference
    private Replicator replicator;

More on the replication API - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/operations/repli...