Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

how to prevent insertion of components into a page?

Level 8

so I have the following setup (using Netcentric ACL framework):

- path: /content/staff/en

permission: allow

privileges: jcr:read,jcr:modifyProperties,jcr:removeNode,jcr:removeChildNodes,jcr:addChildNodes

repGlob: '*/jcr:content*'

This allows me to edit, delete and add components into a page. If I remove "jcr:addChildNodes", I cannot add any new components into the page BUT this also removes my ability to edit/configure the components already in the page.

I am looking at https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/spec/jcr/2.0/16_Access_Control_Management.html and nothing stands out in the privileges lis that should fix my issue.

Any ideas on how to fix?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

As per your question I understand that you want to set ACLs on component basis but component level permissions are not supported in AEM and its not best practice as it might cause some issues. You can check in user admin in how much depth you can try to add the ACLs, because for component level ACLs there is no UI.

Best,

Cal

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

What are your requirements?

Employee

If you don‘t want your users to add new components to a page, don‘ use a parsys but static components.

But.. as you mentioned ACLs.. maybe you want to only allow certain users to add components? 

Correct answer by
Level 3

As per your question I understand that you want to set ACLs on component basis but component level permissions are not supported in AEM and its not best practice as it might cause some issues. You can check in user admin in how much depth you can try to add the ACLs, because for component level ACLs there is no UI.

Best,

Cal