Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

How to pass basename for getResourceBundle(...) in case of sightly

Level 2

In sightly, for example, we use ${'lbl.global.loginText' @ i18n} to use I18N keys. Where is "i18n" defined in this case? In jsps we use as follows:

final ResourceBundle resourceBundle = slingRequest.getResourceBundle("basename", currentPage.getLanguage(true));
    I18n i18n = new I18n(resourceBundle);

Where/how do we do this in sightly?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mohan

5 Replies

Level 10

Have you looked at using this via a HTL (Sightly) Java class that extends WCMUsePojo? 

Level 10

Use WCMUsePojo to create these Objects. For example- the WCMUsePojo has this method:

SlingHttpServletRequest    getRequest() 

Using a SLingHttpServletRequest - you can invoke this method. 

ResourceBundle    getResourceBundle(Locale locale)

This is how you get a ResourceBundle    

If you are not sure how to create a HTL (Sightly) component that uses WCMUsePojo - see this artilce and video:

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/htl_61.html

Hope this helps.... 

Level 2

Hi Feike, thanks for your response. I want to pass both basename and locale. The one you mentioned accepts only locale but not basename.

Thanks,

Mohan

Level 2

Hi Mac, thanks for your response. The method getResourceBundle(Locale locale) accepts only Locale. I want to pass both basename, locale where basename would be the application/brand name. Based on brand/base name I want to load different dictionaries for different applications. I am new to HTL. Anyhow I will try using HTL as you suggested and see if I can achieve that.

Thanks,

Mohan