Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

how to override ACS common component JSP?

jayv25585659
Level 6
Level 6

example:

This  file exists => /apps/acs-commons/components/content/twitter-feed/twitter-feed.jsp.

Can I override this file in my code repository?

I'm trying to avoid

1. downloading the ACS commons repo on my local
  2. make the changes
  3. compile/build/install the package

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution
Asutosh_Jena_
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Hi @jayv25585659 

You can orerlay the component on your code base by using sling:resourceSuperType and then update the script as required in your proxy component.

/apps/yourproject/components/content/twitter-feed - on this node add the sling:resourceSuperType with "acs-commons/components/content/twitter-feed"

Then add the twitter-feed.jsp under your proxy component i.e. here /apps/yourproject/components/content/twitter-feed/twitter-feed.jsp and update the code. No need to add any dialogs or other nodes. just the parent node and the .jsp file should be enough.

asutosh_jena_0-1622011160604.png

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Asutosh_Jena_
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Hi @jayv25585659 

You can orerlay the component on your code base by using sling:resourceSuperType and then update the script as required in your proxy component.

/apps/yourproject/components/content/twitter-feed - on this node add the sling:resourceSuperType with "acs-commons/components/content/twitter-feed"

Then add the twitter-feed.jsp under your proxy component i.e. here /apps/yourproject/components/content/twitter-feed/twitter-feed.jsp and update the code. No need to add any dialogs or other nodes. just the parent node and the .jsp file should be enough.

asutosh_jena_0-1622011160604.png

Thanks!

View solution in original post