Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

how to override ACS common component JSP?

Level 8

example:

This  file exists => /apps/acs-commons/components/content/twitter-feed/twitter-feed.jsp.

Can I override this file in my code repository?

I'm trying to avoid

1. downloading the ACS commons repo on my local
  2. make the changes
  3. compile/build/install the package

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jayv25585659 

You can orerlay the component on your code base by using sling:resourceSuperType and then update the script as required in your proxy component.

/apps/yourproject/components/content/twitter-feed - on this node add the sling:resourceSuperType with "acs-commons/components/content/twitter-feed"

Then add the twitter-feed.jsp under your proxy component i.e. here /apps/yourproject/components/content/twitter-feed/twitter-feed.jsp and update the code. No need to add any dialogs or other nodes. just the parent node and the .jsp file should be enough.

asutosh_jena_0-1622011160604.png

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jayv25585659 

You can orerlay the component on your code base by using sling:resourceSuperType and then update the script as required in your proxy component.

/apps/yourproject/components/content/twitter-feed - on this node add the sling:resourceSuperType with "acs-commons/components/content/twitter-feed"

Then add the twitter-feed.jsp under your proxy component i.e. here /apps/yourproject/components/content/twitter-feed/twitter-feed.jsp and update the code. No need to add any dialogs or other nodes. just the parent node and the .jsp file should be enough.

asutosh_jena_0-1622011160604.png

Thanks!